Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




The Interview Game


I like this game so much that I put myself forward for questions from two different sources: anyresemblance and Lushlife.

I'll do anyresemblance first:

1. What was the last cd you bought?

Okay, this is the easy one. Though there were actually 2 of them - I bought 2 of the 3 FourPlay CDs for my friend The Vegetarian in Sydney as a thank you for letting me stay with him. That was a few weeks ago now, which is very good for me. I think there's another big CD spending spree coming up though.

2. If you weren't a lawyer, what would you like to do for a living?

I'm not really sure. I've tossed around a few ideas, like being a book editor (I love reading, I'm very good at picking up on spelling/punctuation errors in other people's work), or maybe getting officially into the music business (by being a manager or in A&R for a record label), but to be honest, I love being a lawyer. About the only other profession I could seriously see myself in is psychology.

3. On a night out, what colour are you most likely to wear?

Black. I tend to wear all sorts of colours, but usually they're teamed with a black item of some description. Or if you're going to be pedantic and tell me that black is not a colour, then I guess I'd have to say brown.

4. What's your poison?

Beer or scotch. I love my beer, Tooeys Old for preference. But if I really want to indulge myself, I drink Talisker scotch - neat - no ice, no water.

5. What's Brisbane got over Sydney?

*lol* Well, I could answer in a narky way or a serious way... I think I'll go for serious. What I like about Brisbane as a city is its laid-back style of living - everyone I know who has moved to Sydney has commented on the fact that the pace of living is so much faster. Personally, I like the fact that it's near my family, that I'm settled here with good friends and good bands I know. However, I have to admit that as a tourist destination, Sydney has it all over Brisbane - BrisVegas is a lovely place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit here. ;o)

And then Lushlife:

1. What would a person (particularly a man) have to say or be to make the best first impression on you?

Make me laugh. Or for a guy - flirt with me in that unaffected way that shows he's naturally charming and not just trying to score. Any guy who can combine the two is in like Flynn. ;o)

I'm also very affected by talent. So in terms of the "be" part of the question - any sort of artist makes a good impression on me - whether it be painter, musician (that one's obvious), sculptor or dancer. If you can move me with your art-form, I'll be impressed.

Surprisingly, since I'm very open about how shallow I am, looks don't count for much. I tend to be attracted to guys who aren't conventionally good looking anyway, so as long as he can make my toes curl, I don't tend to care about physical appearance.

2. What makes you choose to live in Brisbane over any other place in Australia or indeed the world?

See above. But also, I like the weather here. But the main one is being close to my family. Maybe when I form my own family, I'll care less about living close to my parents and brother, but for now, they're my rock and I still "go home" when my life isn't going so well. Thankfully, my life's been great lately, so they haven't seen so much of me. ;o)

3. How would describe your personal style?

In dress? I change depending on the circumstances. I'm typically business-dress conservative for work. The conservative end of hippy chick outside of work. Complete slob around the house.

In life? Probably the same as for the way I dress. I'm certainly a very different person at work than I am at home - at work, I'm neat, dependable and conscientious. At home and at play I'm spontaneous, messy and kind of flighty. I am very loyal though and will always come through for a friend if he/she needs me.

4. What has girlfriend ever done to you or what would they have to do to make you write them off completely?

Oh this one's easy. She started dating The Ex less than a month after he moved out. And didn't tell me about it. The first I could have forgiven, but their complete betrayal of me by waiting for mutual friends to tell me about it was completely unforgivable as far as I was concerned. I suppose the hypothetical version was if she slept with my current boyfriend. As far as I'm concerned, that's a complete breach of The Rules - I can forgive cheating, but I can't forgive betraying a friendship. I suppose because I'm loyal, I expect loyalty in return.

5. What would you plan to do if you wanted a day of complete self -indulgence?

Go to a day spa. Get a massage and a facial and a manicure/pedicure and soak in a spa and swim and sleep and eat healthy food that tastes great. That would be complete self-indulgence for me. Just self-indulgence would be collapsing on the sofa and watching chick-flicks on DVD while eating Shapes. The first I've never done, but keep on thinking I should do. The second I do about once a month! ;o)

The Official Interview Game Rules

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Hey! That was fun!

Listening to: speedstar* - Bruises you can touch

3 Comments:

Blogger swisslet said...

neat Tallisker? what a woman!

ST

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*laughs* *blushes* *laughs*

Thanks ST.

10:13 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Two interviews - all the more to find out about you, though Anyresemblance and I did ask one similar question. With your hard work days you deserve a day of complete self indulgence - go on you have my permission!

I find this interview game fun too and creating the questions are quite a challenge too.

9:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home