Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




rain


It's raining here this morning. Varying between light drizzle and almost-a-downpour. For some reason, I always find it harder to get up in the mornings when it's raining - I sleep through most of my alarm and, even when I know I've woken up late and should get a move-on, I stagger through my morning routine yawning and in slow motion. When it's all sunshiney outside, I'm up and awake and eating my breakfast and chirpy and cheerful before 7am.

I love water. I love the fresh smell and clean taste of it. I love the smooth feel of it sliding over my skin. I love the sound of it, from the drip drip of a tap to the rushing roar of a waterfall to the soft tinkle of it in a small stream. And I particularly love the look of it - the way it sparkles in the sunlight, the way it reflects the mood of the sky, the way it deepens in shade as it gets deeper. I love lakes, the ocean, streams, rivers, pools and my shower.

So why don't I like rain?

Listening to: Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

1 Comments:

Blogger OLS said...

True, true. But I like it when it's warm and comes out of a shower nozzle... And I love waterfalls...

I think I just have to face the fact that I'm weird. ;o)

- OLS

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home