Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




half a boy's brain


I just did a quiz (via Joseph).


Your Brain is 53.33% Female, 46.67% Male

Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female

You are both sensitive and savvy

Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed

But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve



I was actually a little surprised that I came out as being so female. In many ways, I think like a boy - I'm analytical and logical and I rarely focus on emotion in the decisions I make. But I'm a useless poker player and yep, my emotions tend not to be well hidden. In some ways, I guess this is a good thing. I don't play games with the guys I date, but am very upfront about how I feel about them. I'm not two-faced like many girls I know - if I don't like you, you'll know it. As a general rule, anything that I would say behind your back is something I've already told you to your face. My Mum says that I lack subtlety. I just like to think that I'm too open and honest for my own good.

Thankfully, over the years, I have learnt some diplomacy. So I still tell you what I think, but now I'll say it in such a way that the good things sound great and the bad things don't sound too bad. I think I've learnt the skill of constructive criticism... one of the people I mentor was giving me a ribbing the other day because I said "Yep, that's good" and she said she was waiting for the "but..."

I can't be that bad though. They keep on coming back to me for advice! ;o)



Listening to: The Very Best of The Pogues (in honour of St Patrick's Day)

2 Comments:

Blogger Trojan said...

Ha! I gave The Pogues a bloody good listen as well for St Pats.

Drink yourself Irish? I did.

12:47 am  
Blogger OLS said...

Nah, I'm not supposed to be drinking alcohol while I'm on the 3-week detox program. Lessens it's effectiveness apparently. So I'm off the grog for 3 weeks. It doesn't sound like a long time, but it's amazing how many times I've had to turn down alcohol in the past week and a bit! ;o)

- OLS

2:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home