Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




love poem


I wrote this poem back when The Ex went overseas for 6 weeks (including Valentine's Day) and I was missing him desperately. I sort of wrote it for him, but also I was writing about the way I wanted him to think of me. But it many ways, it fit us both.

When I first heart The Luckiest, it sort of reminded me of this poem. Not that I think my little swiftly-written poem with a mucky beat and no rhyme compares (Ben's writing skills far exceed mine!), but more that I think they share the same sentiment.

Valentine's Day Poem

I love the way you make me laugh
And the way that you laugh with me
I love the way you know what I mean
When I say there's a bump in the thingamy

I love your enthusiasm
For things and stuff in general
I love your sudden interest
In animal, veg and mineral

I love your Mona Lisa smile
When you're thinking something secret
I love that when things get you down
You think of a way to beat it

I love the fact you love your Mum
And your Dad and siblings too
I love you for so many things
But mostly 'cause you love me too


And while I'm on the subject of poetry, I wrote this little ditty on one of the loos at Woodford. I made it up in the minute that I was using the loo productively and staring at a blank door, so don't expect too much. But I just had to share... ;o)

I came in here to do a pee
To my surprise, what do I see
A door with zilch graffiti
When other doors have two or three

So I'm the first to make my mark
Composed this ditty for a lark
Scribbled it on this here bark
And left again for Woodford's spark


I should post more of my poetry/lyrics up here. It's a good way to keep a record of it (as opposed to the numerous little miscellaneous pieces of paper that are currently wedged into my diary).

Listening to: Ben Folds - The Luckiest

2 Comments:

Blogger Di Gallagher said...

Though there's a lot to be said for little pieces of paper, or bark.

11:33 am  
Blogger OLS said...

For sure. They won't be replaced - after all, I usually write my stuff in places where I don't have net access. But a better filing system which won't lose my words of wisdom would be good.

- OLS

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home