Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Danger Will Robinson!


Forgive me if I shlur a bit during this post. I've just been to a work function and had a couple of red wines. Thankfully, I managed to keep it down to a couple and didn't get caught up chatting to anyone from work, so I managed not to disgrace myself. It could have been a close thing otherwise... ;o)

I think that lightening might have hit near where I live last night. I was woken up at about 1:30am by thunder so loud that it shook the ground. I hate storms (it's a childhood trauma sort of thing), so this meant that I then paced the floorboards for the next 2 hours (with the cat - he was nearly as freaked as I was, but his eyes go wider *g*) while I tried to convince myself that the roof couldn't possibly come in because there are other people living above me and their antics haven't brought the roof down yet.

This meant that, overall, last night I got about 4 hours sleep. No wonder it only took a couple of wines to get me smashed tonight. ;o)

And that meant that I nearly did two things at work today that I'd rather not do, being:-

(a) cry (always a danger when I've overtired and overstressed); and/or

(b) tell my boss exactly where he could shove the latest "little thing" he wanted me to do.

The second option would have been worse. I normally have a great relationship with my boss, and I wouldn't want to ruin that by snapping something I don't really mean because I'm at the end of my tether. Especially since I'll probably be completely over it after I've had a decent night's sleep. Actually, I think I was completely over it about an hour later. But in the moment....

So I'm glad I managed not to do either.

It's late, I'm tired, and while working when a little bit tipsy is fun, it's probably not all that productive, so I think I'll go home.

Listening to: Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head (again/still)

2 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

that's good restraint as in the last few months I have done both of those things in the office (not simultaneously, thankfully).

early night required!

great album. the best opening four songs in terms of overall quality on any record?

9:22 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

And thankfully, I managed to have one. An early night that is. But it stormed again last night, so it was still interrupted sleep. *sigh* One of these days... ;o)

I'm not sure that ROBTTH has the best opening four songs, I'm still a big fan of the first 4 on Parachutes... but it does seem to be a Coldplay thing doesn't it?

- OLS

8:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home