Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




feeling like foo


Yes, I know, I know. You had all started to wonder if I'd dropped off the face of the planet. Don't worry, my "real life" friends have been wondering the same thing, so it's not just you! ;o)

Yesterday I had a breakthrough. The first day in about 3 weeks where I actually got to spend the whole day in the office - no meetings, no workshops, no training, no court. Oh boy, it was good! For the first time in that period, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with work - the pile of work may be up to my nose, but at least I can see over it!

And I may even be able to spend today in the office as well. Which could mean that I start to feel less stressed about my workload. It's not really that I have a huge number of matters at the moment, it's that I inherited a whole heap of established matters with little or no handover at the same time as a whole bunch of my old matters needed intensive work. So I haven't been able to really consider the new ones, but have just had them in a holding pattern, attending to the urgent stuff, but not really understanding the nature of the file or what needs to be done on it. I'm not usually this disorganised and I'm terrified I'm going to miss something. But a couple of days in the office will enable me to skim read the file, work out what needs to be done and when it needs to be done by, and put the new matters into my bring ups so I won't miss a deadline. And that would definitely be a good thing. For my stress levels if nothing else.

But thankfully, my workload hasn't interfered too much with my social life! Which is just as well, since I probably would have gone mildly nuts by now if I didn't have some form of stress relief. I'm still getting into the salsa - I'm even going to classes now to learn it properly, and they're nearly as much fun as the social stuff.

And my "international relations" bonanza continues. I think I've covered most of Europe, a goodly part of South America and a couple of Asian countries now in the nationalities of the people I've met. And *shock, horror* there was even an Aussie guy there last night. But he's only half Aussie, so that explains things. ;o)

My friend who got me into this whole salsa thing goes back to her home country this week. I'm going to miss her. But she tells me she'll be back in November. And then I'm going to take to Byron Bay to go surfing! ;o)

Listening to: The Informants - #1

1 Comments:

Blogger LUCAS said...

http://lukass.nfshost.com/

7:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home