Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Anti-Terrorism Bill 2005


The whole debate over the Anti-Terrorism Bill (pdf document) is heating up. There was the whole furore over John Stanhope posting the Bill on his website. And some of the advices listed on that site are interesting. I did a quick Google search to see if I could get access to the full range of submissions, but it seems they aren't published anywhere. I want to see if anyone outside of the government is actually supporting the Bill in it's entirety.

I think the parts that are causing most people the most concern are the sections that deal with financing terrorism, and sedition. Most lawyer groups seem to be getting all upset about them too.

I can't wait to see the Amnesty submission on it.

Was there a similar backlash to the Anti-Terrorism Bills in the USA and UK?

Listening to: Machine Gun Fellatio - Paging Mr Strike

2 Comments:

Blogger Hugh said...

I have met Mr Stanhope and he is a very cool chap.

10:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bow to him with reverence for posting the Bill on his website. It had caused a lot of speculation as everyone knew about it, but no-one knew what was in it. I tend to think that, in this case especially, it was worth getting it out there into the public arena.

That said, I'm still very dubious about politicians... ;o)

- OLS

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home