Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...





From Begging the Question:

1. Why did you start blogging?

A couple of friends had blogs and I was becoming an avid commenter without having my own space. So I thought I should set up my own blog and stop hijacking other peoples. And it's good to have somewhere where I can complain about the little irritants of my day without completely offending my colleagues.

2. Are the reasons you blog now the same as when you started? If not, what's changed?

A little bit. I blog less about my personal life now. I still use my blog for free therapy, but probably less so than when I first started.

3. What would make blogging better for you?

Being able to blog about my personal life without having to worry about the wrong people reading it. Or more to the point, without people trying to discover my identity.

4. Do you have comments on your blog? Why or why not? Do you comment on other blogs? What motivates you to post a comment?

Yes. Because I like the feedback. Yes. Having something to say/add.

5. What is your philosophy of the blogroll?

I don't really have one, since I use blo.gs, but the blogs I have listed in my sidebar are those that I can't get blo.gs to recognise. The blogs I add to blo.gs are those that I read. I don't add someone just because they've blogrolled me (especially lately since I haven't checked my stats in ages), but I often add people who've commented on my blog because I like to see where they are coming from.

Listening to: Coldplay - X&Y

2 Comments:

Blogger twistedbrick said...

Hi OLS,

I don't know how else to contact you, so I thought I'd leave a comment here in response to the comment you left on my blog!

Talking about internet dating, you may find it interesting to know that I stumbled across your blog because I was searching for "internet dating stories" on Google, and I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog. Your blog pretty much inspired me to try out internet dating! I've been on 3 internet dates so far, and they all have been misses. The first date did not go well (he did not have great conversational skills, but he liked me =P), the 2nd one I'd probably keep as a gig buddy (and no more than that, even though he wants more!), and the 3rd guy was the splitting image of Jeff Buckley (he's the guy who inspired me to write my last few blogs about relationships and physical attraction). It is the endless dilemma: I don't like the guys who like me, and the guys I like don't like me.

I've been reading your blog for awhile and I have thought in a similar way about various topics you have written about. I should have posted comments, but I promise I will next time!

Thanks for writing an interesting blog!
Twistedbrick

12:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problems Twistedbrick - commenting on my blog is actually the best way to get my attention! ;o)

I think I've dated about 20 different guys in the last year and only a couple have been interesting enough to me that I even wanted a second date, let alone anything beyond that.

There was only one that I had that instant attraction with, and that one hasn't exactly worked out either.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it. I hope it doesn't sound patronising, but you're still young. Most guys don't really grow up and figure out what they want until they're in their mid-twenties and for some of them it takes even longer.

So the only advice I can give is to give the guys that you match with personality-wise a shot, because sometimes attraction develops over time, and a guy that you're not initially attracted to physically can become someone you can't keep your hands off as their personality attracts you more and more. *g*

- OLS

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home