Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Book list


Okay, so I've had a few requests now and here are my recommendations:

sarni - I know she loves gardening and cooking and this one kind of combines them both (well, wine making is still cooking of a sort!) along with a great tale as well. So I'm going to recommend:

Blackberry Wine by Joanne Harris - link

Mister Alphabet - didn't actually ask for a book recommendation, but he did leave a comment, so I'll recommend one anyway. Since he's in the middle of his doctorate and is new to Brisbane, I'm going to recommend some light reading from one of my favourite Brisbane authors, Nick Earls. I love all of Nick's books, but I think this one would be the most up Mr A's street. So I'm going to recommend:

ZigZag Street by Nick Earls - link

tokenwoman - she said she wanted to "read more intellectual books", so I figured I'd recommend something intellectual. Then I realised that I don't read that many intellectual books myself, so that could be different. Then I read that by "more intellectual" she meant "stuff that isn't put into the 'chick lit" category" and figured that I can do. So I'm going to recommend:

Life of Pi by Yann Martel - link

the urban fox - a hard one this since I've already recommended books to him as a reply to his recommendation. Since he recommended a lot of classics to his list, I think I might go with an Australian classic. It's not one of my favourite books, but it's one I think you'd enjoy. So I'm going to recommend:

Dirt Music by Tim Winton - link

Bo Peep's Sheep - also hard since I'm not really sure what you read already, but went mostly by your taste in movies. I have found this series hilariously funny and they really should be read in order. So I'm going to recommend:

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich - link

Listening to: The Gin Club - s/t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home