Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...

When did my life get so busy?

I haven't blogged in a while. My life has sort of got in the way.

Saturday I had an appointment to get my car inspected for it's agreed value insurance at 8am, so I had to leave the house by 7:30am to get there in time. What? No sleep in? Dammit...

After that, I headed to TBF and TBFH's place for her birthday celebrations. It all started off with a treasure hunt - one where you drive to the appropriate places and have to pick up things along the way. My team came 2nd, so we were pretty impressed by that. Then it was back to TBF/H's place for lunch and a few wines.

Oh, and my present to TBF was a hit! I put together a "relaxation pack" for her - a voucher for free babysitting for a weekend, a DVD, some chocolate body paint, and some aromatherapy stuff.

I had a brief nap in the afternoon, and then it was off to the Valley Mall for drinks and dinner with The Vegetarian and some of his mates. He was back in town for a conference and Sat night was the only time he had free. I didn't get home until 2am - had to down 2 Red Bulls to last that long though... ;o)

Sunday I had breakfast at Fat Boys with The Fairy and her boy. She's heading overseas soon and we have been meaning to catch up since she moved. She's off seeing the family over the next couple of weeks and then only has a few days back here before she leaves, so this was probably our best chance to catch up. Which we did. It was nice. We finished up about midday and then I hit the markets for a bit of a look-see. I didn't buy anything, which I thought was very restrained of me.

I had big plans to check out houses on Sunday afternoon. And I was supposed to join TBF and some of her friends for a movie at the French Film Festival. But I didn't. I slept instead. I didn't even do my housework!

Then I was feeling off for a couple of days and worked the minimum at work and didn't use my computer at all at home. So no blog. I thought I had two completely unrelated things (backache one day, nausea the next, headcold the day after that), but it seems that this is the progression of the latest bug to hit Brisbane. I still have a bit of a headache and I'm downing the cold and flu tablets like they're going out of fashion, but I actually feel good today, which is a definite improvement.

Listening to: Canadian sampler from MK


Post a Comment

<< Home