Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...

just a quickie

I know, I know. I've been very slack lately. A week on holidays and then a week in a new job and I've been off-line the whole time. But I'll get back into it, I promise.

I didn't go anywhere for my holidays. I didn't really do anything. But I still seemed to have been flat out the whole time. Here's the run down:-

Friday 28th Jan - drove to Toowoomba to see The Waifs. Took my Mum. Both went well. The support (Mia Dyson) was pretty crap though.

Saturday 29th Jan - drove back to Brisbane with my parents. Took them to see a couple of units I'm interested in. Lunch with parents at Vue at New Farm. My party started at 3pm and first guests arrived on the dot. Last guests left at 1am. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too.

Sunday 30th Jan - helped The Fairy and her boy to move house from Paddington to Logan. Very big job and lots of furniture. I left home about 9am and didn't get home until after 4:30pm. I also got burnt, despite putting sunburn cream on. It was 36C and I think I sweated it all out.

Monday 31st Jan - drove to Toowoomba for birthday dinner with family.

Tuesday 1st Feb - drove back to Brisbane for movies with TBF (aka T of T&S - I've decided to change it so it wasn't so confusing when I talk about them seperately). Her bub is getting settled into childcare but she's not back at work until this week, so we decided to take advantage of the situation. We saw Finding Neverland (which I loved - Johnny Depp with an Irish accent - how could they go wrong?). Stayed with her and TBFH (aka S of T&S) for dinner.

Wednesday 2nd Feb - my day off. Watched DVDs, did the housework, worked on the garden, make some phone calls.

Thursday 3rd Feb - An old mate from college was in town so TBF and I spent most of the day (and night) with him at TBF's house. I haven't seen him in about 7 years or something (he lives in Korea), so it was great to catch up. And surprisingly unawkward - we chatted about all sorts of stuff over the 8 hours that we were all pottering around the house.

Friday 4th Feb - meetings with mortgage brokers, real estate agents and the like. Also did a bit of shopping.

Saturday 5th Feb - I can't remember what I did all day, but I went to the Candle Records gig at The Zoo that night with the Law Student, her boy and a couple of their friends. Good company, good music. Had a ball.

Sunday 6th Feb - I think I just slept all day. Can't really remember now.

Monday 7th Feb - movies with TBF again. We saw The Phantom of the Opera - I enjoyed it, but wouldn't go and see it again (which is a pretty big call from the girl whose seen the stage production 3 times). Didn't really like the way the part of the Phantom was sung - it didn't have the same depth of emotion as Anthony Warlow.

And then it was back to work. I'm sitting in a new team at the moment, mostly doing work of a very different nature to my usual area. So I'm on a steep learning curve and it's only going to get steeper as I get into the files.

In addition to which, I went to see Mama Mia! with TBF on Tuesday (8 Feb) night (brilliant show, very funny, and I don't even like ABBA music that much), and I had an asthma attack on Wednesday night and had to have the next two days off work.

The worst thing about an asthma attack is not so much the attack itself, it's the sore muscles which last for days afterwards - maybe not so much a problem for guys, but those sore muscles are exactly where my bra strap sits, so I can't wear a bra, and not wearing a bra to work is not really something I'm prepared to consider. In addition, I got put on prednisone for a few days and that stuff does nasty things to my body. I like to avoid it where possible, but couldn't this time.

So I had a very quiet weekend after all of that. I did a little housework, my brother and his family dropped by on Saturday and I gave my niece her birthday present. She wasn't impressed by it initially, but once she started playing with it, she was hooked. Along with me, her mum, and her brother. My brother just sat back and watched us with amusement.

On Saturday afternoon, I did a little shopping - bought a new sound system for my car and a new DVD player (the old one died). Then I went to Bunnings and bought a whipper snipper (a Ryobi ELT630) so I can mow my little patch of grass. Spent over $800 in the space of a couple of hours which is a little frightening.

And now I'm back at work. Still suffering from pretty intense headaches and mild nausea from the prednisone, but I've lasted the day. Off to court tomorrow (which should be interesting).

Listening to: Jeff Buckley - Grace


Blogger tokenwoman said...

by putting 2 and 2 together, I think I have worked out that your friend the fairy also has a blog, blueshoe.diaryland.com and you are refered to as the Lawyer on it.

Am I right?

2:11 pm  
Blogger Diana Gallagher said...

Occasionally we get in a dog that will be on prednisone for whatever ailment. I've never wondered what side effects it had, and now wonder how it makes the poor dogs feel.
Also, I am wondering if you are interested in being included on my list of undie exchange letters. It is basically soliciting new undies via a pyramid letter system. Let me know!

6:49 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

tokenwoman - quite possibly. I know she has a blog and she knows I have one, but we have an honour system where we don't read each others blogs.

Di - huh? Soliciting new undies? I have no idea what you're talking about... but then it's getting late and I'm tired. Maybe this will all make sense in the morning.


6:53 pm  
Blogger Diana Gallagher said...

Oh, and happy belated birthday!

6:54 pm  
Blogger tokenwoman said...

forget I said anything... :)

7:22 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

Di - thanks!

tokenwoman - okay then. ;o)


9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home