Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Hottest 100


I think I may have a problem.

This is the list of songs that I want to vote for in the Hottest 100:

fading light - acre
along the run - art of fighting
sing song - art of fighting
your easy part - art of fighting
your cover's blown - belle & sebastian
i'm a cuckoo - belle & sebastian
adelaide - ben folds
get your hands off my woman - ben folds
on my way - ben kweller
rules, the - ben kweller
my apartment - ben kweller
tell someone who cares - boat people
when doves cry - damien rice
a town called sadness - dan kelly & the alpha males
bunk lovin' man - dan kelly & the alpha males
get high on yr own supply - dan kelly & the alpha males
checkout cutie - dan kelly & the alpha males
step forward - dan kelly & the alpha males
a to z - darren hanlon
unmade bed, the - darren hanlon
truth about love, the - david mccormack & the polaroids
i'm going to execute your ex-boyfriend - david mccormack & the polaroids
somersault - decoder ring
mass destruction - faithless
i want more - faithless
jaded - george
you don't see - gin club, the
whenever it rains - gorgeous
you make me wanna clean my room - halfday
forget her - jeff buckley
beautiful to me - little birdy
alright - little birdy
this is a love song - little birdy
tonights the night - little birdy
do it again - lovejoy
come to my senses - m craft
you've ruined all my favourite songs - machine gun fellatio
trouble maker - machine gun fellatio
what the fuck? - machine gun fellatio
venus traps fly - machine translations
flown - machine translations
ocean breathes salty - modest mouse
float on - modest mouse
bam thwok - pixies
you come through - pj harvey
i'm going home - shifter
butter - shifter
baby boomerang - shins, the
spitting games - snow patrol
run - snow patrol
whatever's left - snow patrol
something wicked - soma rasa
unbreakable - speedstar
bridal train - waifs, the
willow tree (live) - waifs, the
all kinds of trouble - wesley davidson
solace - xavier rudd
chances - xavier rudd
shelter - xavier rudd
g.b.a. - xavier rudd

And that's just from the browse list. But now I have to narrow that down to 10 songs as that's all you're allowed to vote for. This is not going to be easy...

On the basis of voting for songs that I both really like and that I think are likely to get heaps of other votes (so my vote will actually count), I've narrowed it down to:

1. i'm a cuckoo - belle & sebastian
2. adelaide - ben folds
3. when doves cry - damien rice
4. checkout cutie - dan kelly & the alpha males
5. unmade bed, the - darren hanlon
6. i'm going to execute your ex-boyfriend - david mccormack & the polaroids
7. mass destruction - faithless
8. venus traps fly - machine translations
9. butter - shifter
10. run - snow patrol
11. unbreakable - speedstar
12. willow tree (live) - waifs, the
13. all kinds of trouble - wesley davidson

So I still have to remove three. The only ones that are completely non-negotiable are Shifter, speedstar and Wes Davidson since they're all BrisBands and I really love those songs. So I really need 7 out of 10. *sigh*

Listening to: Rumberos - Fitzroy Sound

2 Comments:

Blogger Trojan said...

Definetely keep Faithless, its a super song.
I had the same problem last year in narrowing down the initial list. I am actually a little scared to try and go back again this year.

9:01 pm  
Blogger Amanda said...

Don't know enough to comment on a whole lot of songs but I would have to say Franz Ferdinand and Take Me Out would have to be in my top 10. It was good listening to it yesterday morning while making breakfast even my little one year old had a little dance.

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home