Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




teeth




I went to the dentist this morning for the first time in about 5 or 6 years. Other than the fact that they needed a good clean to get rid of some plaque build up, apparently they are "beautiful" and "perfect". Always nice to hear.

I think part of the reason why I am so bad about looking after my teeth is because I've never had any problems with them. I've never had braces or a filling. The only dental surgery I've had is getting my wisdom teeth out. When I was a kid, my baby teeth hung on so hard that sometimes I had to get them pulled so that the adult tooth had room to grow into the spot (otherwise I ended up with a double row of teeth for a while), but I've never had to have any emergency proceedures.

It's probably genetic. My brother has even better teeth than me - he's lucky in that he doesn't have any wisdom teeth and he lost his last baby tooth when he was well into his teens (at 16yo if memory serves). Or maybe it's because Mum fed us fluoride tablets when we were kids.

I don't floss. I rarely go to the dentist (the time before the one visit 6 years ago was probably 4 years before that). I brush my teeth every morning but rarely at night (I tend to forget).

Maybe this is like that favourite uncle that everyone talks about who smoked a pack a day, drank whisky like water and was as healthy as a horse, finally dying at 99yo when he was hit by a truck. Or something like that.

Listening to: nothing: still have a busted sound card (but I have Darron Hanlon's Hiccups on repeat in my head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home