Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




social status


After Lushlife's comment on yesterday's post, I thought I'd put up my full results from that quiz:

You scored as alternative. You're partially respected for being an individual in a conformist world yet others take you as a radical. You have no place in society because you choose not to belong there - you're the luckiest of them all, even if your parents are completely ashamed of you. Just don't take drugs ok?

alternative

62%

Upper middle Class

62%

Middle Class

54%

Lower Class

33%

Luxurious Upper Class

17%

What Social Status are you?
created with QuizFarm.com


So, as you can see, I actually scored equally for alternative and upper middle class. As I commented on Di's blog, I think the main reason why I scored lower on alternative and higher on upper middle class is mostly because I place high regard on family. I admit it, I want marriage and kids, preferably in that order, but the kids part is the most important part for me. Money is not particularly important to me, but I like having enough to live comfortably and be able to do the things I want to do - like travel, and going to gigs etc. My stuff is not that important to me - for example, I like a car that runs well, but I'm not that concerned about what it looks like; and when I was broken into in 2002, the only things I was upset about losing was a Christening cross that was a family heirloom, and the files and photos that were on my laptop (not the laptop itself).

I'm not especially concerned about financial security - the only asset I have is my car and I'd happily sell it again to pay for a trip I really wanted to do. I guess a large part of this is that I know that I can live on a lot less money if I have to and I also know that, in my profession, I would never be out of work. If all else fails, I've also worked in a number of other jobs which may not have been as interesting, but would still bring in the moulah. So that's probably a large part of my lack of concern.

On the "alternative" side, I'm not really part of main stream society, personal appearance and people's perceptions of me matter very little to me, my politics are liberal, I don't mind being considered different or strange, and my sense of self identify is very important to me. I spent my childhood trying to be something I wasn't and, once I found my sense of self, I was determined to hold onto it to the extent that I can be extremely stubborn and almost defensive about anyone trying to impose their ideology onto me.

Oooh! And has anyone else noticed that my little weatherpixie has a Christmas tree now? Isn't that cool? I know, I know - I get all excited by the littlest things...



Listening to: nothing - my computer karked it yesterday and so I lost all of my music and didn't bring any CDs in with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home