Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Quiz


I love quizes, so when I saw this on someone else's blog, I just had to do it. I actually did it yesterday, but decided to post it to my blog today. Apologies to those I've already sent this to by email.

Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says.

"should be borne in mind when considering United Kingdom legislation. The" - Statutory Interpretation in Australia (5th Ed) - it's not only the nearest book to me, it's also the only book on my desk. It might have been a more interesting answer if I was doing this at home.

Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?

CD case - speedstar* - Bruises you can touch

What is the last thing you watched on TV?

Law & Order, last night. Couldn't tell you what it was about though - I was checking and responding to my email at the time.

WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is.

10:00am

Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?

9:58am

With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?

I actually can't hear the computer, I'm listening to speedstar* - bruises you can touch. I can also hear my co-workers chatting above the music. Oooh - now I can hear the phone - better answer it. Okay I'm back.

When did you last step outside? What were you doing?

This morning. I was walking to work.

Before you came to this website, what did you look at?

I'm actually doing this from an email, but anyway... I last looked at my blog and posted to it. I also wrote to Blogger support because I can't actually view my blog at the moment, but I can still sign in and post to it. It's a little weird.

What are you wearing?

From the ground up (sort of) - a toering, black Docs, grey socks, cream trousers, my work ID, navy top, navy jumper, claddagh ring, my funky watch from Switzerland, amethyst bracelet, gold necklace, diamond earings + one gold sleeper, glasses, headphones. I'm not going to tell any of you underwear - it might be too confronting! ;o)

Did you dream last night?

Yeah - I remember waking up this morning feeling a bit bleh. I think I was dreaming about work.

When did you last laugh?

About 10 minutes ago. I was chatting to the girl who sits across the way from me.

What is on the walls of the room you are in?

Well, it's not really a room, more a cubicle - with sort of pinboard dividers. So there are bits of paper all over the walls - phone lists, a gym timetable, a letter of reminder about a course I'm attending in August, an article from the paper about a proscution I did, print-outs of my electronic calendar for May, June and July. There's also a printout from the AusAID website about my friend who is currently in Cambodia, a printout of a catalogue search for "The Adventures of Augie March", a Philip Gray print from Dublin, and a postcard from a restaurant in Prague called Gitanes. And that's just the wall in front of me, theres also stuff all over the wall behind me and postcards of paintings I like all lined up along the window.

This photo, which I've texturised so you can't read any of the documents, shows what my desk and wall look like.

Seen anything weird lately?

Depends on your definition of weird. Nothing that really made me stare.

What do you think of this quiz?

It's nice, it's different, it's unusual... (I haven't actually seen that episode from Kath & Kim - my friend that I stayed with in London kept on quoting it and I've picked it up)

What is the last film you saw?

Etre et Avoire (To be and to have) at the Centro on Sunday with my best friend from uni and my ex. Really enjoyed it.

If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?

A house. Then I could buy a dog and a couple of cats to go with it.

Tell us something about you that we don't know.

I sent this to a lot of people and they all know different things about me (some know far too much).

Which really only leaves the mundane - I've just drunk a litre of water in 1 1/2 hours, I ripped the speedstar album and Tamas Wells into MP3s on my computer this morning so I can listen to them both without having to change the CD, and I can't stop yawning, even though I went to bed pretty early last night.

If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

I guess remove poverty - make it so everyone in the world at least got a roof over their heads, enough to eat and sufficient medical attention. Problem is - I don't think it's actually possible to do.

Do you like to dance?

Definitely - love to dance. In fact, I regularly can't help myself - nearly always dance at gigs, even if it's only seat-dancing. Even now as I'm sitting here at the computer, my feet are tapping to the music.

George Bush: is he a power-crazy nut case or someone who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?

Maybe both? I don't really know much about the politics within the USA, but I think he was misguided in attacking Iraq without UN approval.

Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her? Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?

Don't know - would depend a lot on who it was with and the sort of names they like - after all, it really should be a joint decision by both parents. I like the names Imogen and Liam - but that will probably change tomorrow! ;o)

Would you ever consider living abroad?

Been there, done that. Even if it was only for 7 months. As for whether I'd do it again, it would depend on the circumstances. If it was just up to me, probably not. I'm very close to my family and missed them so much when I was in Europe. But I would probably go if I was heavily involved with someone who wanted to (and wanted me to go with him) - after all, I can pretty much work anywhere in the world once I learn the language and jump through a few hoops to get admitted.


Listening to: speedstar* - bruises you can touch



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home