Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...





Yes, I'm still alive. No, I'm no longer reading your blog regularly. Unfortunately, that means absolutely everyone reading this entry because I'm not going to anyone's blog regularly.

I've had quite a lot to cope with in the last couple of weeks:-

* I've been having a few problems with "the new guy" at work. He's not really new anymore, but the problems are the same. We have very different working styles and what I think is obvious, he sees problems with. And visa versa. And I find it annoying that he seems to be stuffing around a lot more than I am during the day, yet I'm the one who is working very long days trying to finish my work. I think it's an example of "if you need a job done quickly, give it to the busiest person", but it's not helping my stress levels. Particularly since he's permanent at this level, I'm not. Ah well. At this stage we're coping with each other, but this is the first time in my employment history that I can honestly say that I really don't like working with someone. Thankfully, we don't have to work too closely with each other.

* I had a bit of a bullying problem. As in being bullied, not being a bully. I don't react well to being bullied - in fact, the best way to get me to stick to my position is to try and bully me out of it. But because it was someone who was supposed to be on my side (and who is responsible for about 50% of my work), it did upset me - I can forgive being yelled at and verbally abused by someone once as putting it down to having a bad day; more than once in the space of a week and I start to react. Especially since it was nothing to do with how I was doing my job, he just didn't like the opinion I'd reached.

There was one good thing to come out of it. Last Friday, I was at the end of my tether and had a few drinks with one of my ex-mentorees who has become a friend. To cut a long story short, I ended up in tears and spilling out the whole problem to her. Thankfully, she not only knows the person I'm dealing with, but she also knows what I'm like to work with - both the good and bad. And she said that what was happening was completely unfair, thoroughly wrong and that it was nothing to do with me. So I felt better. And it's kind of been resolved now anyway - I may be the type to whinge, but I'm not the type to make an official complaint, so I guess it's been resolved to the extent it's going to be resolved.

* I've been doing a lot of travel. I think I worked out that in the last 6 weeks, I've driven about 500km, caught about 20 flights, and slept in motel rooms (ie travel that required overnight stays) 10 times. No wonder I'm buggered!

* I also worked out that in that same time period, I did an average of 11 hours a day. Considering I have to have permission from my boss do work more than 9.5 hours a day, that's a pretty big deal.

* Add on to that one divorce, one break-up, one minor nervous breakdown, one allegation of fraud, and one assault complaint amongst my friends and family, we're talking mega-stress here.

* Oh yeah, and I've applied for 2 jobs. Complete with the extra work and stress that that places upon one's soul. But both times, the supervisor was very keen for me to apply, so that's a good sign.

And now that I've finished whinging and making you all feel sorry for me, I'm going to go back into my dark little hole and get some more work done. After all, it's only taken me 7 hours of stopping and starting and getting interrupted for me to get this (not particularly long) post done! *sigh*

No wonder I need a holiday!

Listening to: Nothing - I don't have time! :o(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home