Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Song meme


I've been very behind on my blog reading, so I only just came across the tag from Ka for this meme.

List five songs that you are currently digging - it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions and the five songs (with artist) in your blog. Then tag five people to see what they're listening to.

Like Ka, in no particular order:

Xavier Rudd - Let me be

I don't have any of his CDs, but I have this song on the Coastal Chill album and I love it. It's catchy, has a great beat and the man has a beautiful voice.

Augie March - There is no such place

This in an incredibly beautiful song by an amazing Aussie band. Glenn uses lyrics the way poets use words. He never explains his songs, but allows the imagery of his lyrics to speak for themselves. Apparently it's about utopia, but I prefer to use my own imagination and interpretation.

Faithless - Mass Destruction (no link for listening, but click on Music then Forever Faithless from here and you'll find it)

This song has been going around in my head a lot with the coverage of the events in the USA following Hurricane Katrina, especially the lyric "fear is a weapon of mass destruction". I'm not sure that 'enjoying' is exactly the right word for my feelings about this song at the moment, but I guess in some ways it's helping me to make sense of the reactions of the people in New Orleans.

Jeff Buckley - So Real

I was chatting to a potential date about Jeff Buckley on the weekend. And this song just popped into my head and didn't leave. I dig all of the Grace album, but this song isn't usually at the top of the list of my favourites. But I guess it does epitomise Jeff's style, and that's something I don't think I'll ever get over.

Ben Lee - Catch my disease

I love this song. Probably in part because of the film clip where everyone (Ben included) just looks like they're hamming it up and having so much fun. But it's one of those songs that just makes you want to start dancing and smiling at everyone. I love those sorts of songs. ;o)

Because of my delay, I think probably everyone has already been tagged. But I'd like to see what sarni, lushlife, and Surviving Online Dating come up with.

Listening to: No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

3 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Ah ah ah! Jeff Buckley.

So Real is not my favourite song on that album, but Lilac Wine stops me cold every time. That voice! That voice!

I don't know the other four off-hand, though I'm crap at Name That Tune so perhaps I know them. I might have to do some internet browsing now.

And congrats on your spam! I like how they always start off with something warm and fuzzy: "What a great blog!" or "You rock!" before "Check out my blog, Sexy Redhead Co-Eds Who Drive Mazdas."

10:17 am  
Blogger OLS said...

Ka - I know what you mean. For me, The Last Goodbye is the stops me cold song.

As for the others, Xavier Rudd and Augie March are Aussie, so I'm not surprised you haven't heard of them. Ben Lee is also Aussie, but he's lived in USA for a while and used to (maybe still does?) date Clare Dane, so I had assumed he had a bit of a following on your side of the world. Faithless are a UK group who are also pretty big here.

I should stop being lazy and put links in huh? You never know your luck, I might do that later today.

As for my spam from Jimmy, well he got back the word verification, so perhaps he wasn't intending to spam, but it would be nice if the people who do that sort of thing actually write something meaningful hey? Like how they reached my blog, or what they liked about it. Oh well, I'm probably asking for miracles, as per usual! ;o)

- OLS

1:20 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

Actually, it seems that Xavier Rudd is Canadian/Australian and his first CD was live in Canada. So you have no excuse! ;o)

- OLS

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home