Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Virgin mobile and cheesy things


First up - I'm looking at getting a new mobile phone. As part of this, I'm changing mobile service providers because I hate Optus with a passion. I'm pretty keen on Virgin because you can change plans within Virgin as often as you like over the 24 months you're paying off the phone. And I haven't heard anything bad about them. Only problem is, I haven't heard anything good about them either since I quite literally don't know a single soul who has them as their service provider. So I'm asking - anyone got any good or bad stories to tell?

I just can't resist this week's edition of BTQ's Friday Spies:

1. What's your favorite cheese?

Depends on my mood. I can rarely if ever say no to Dutch Smoked Cheese though.

2. Cheesy movie: If you were in Top Gun, what would your call sign be?

Since I'd be the only chick in a bunch of testosterone ridden guys, probably either "Ice Queen" or "Easy". ;o) If I was able to choose my own (which I doubt would happen), I'd like to be "Enigma" - I'm not sure why, but that word has always appealed to me.

3. Big cheese: Tell us a boss story -- best boss, worst boss, a time when you were the boss, etc.

I'm taking the easy option and going for "a time when (I was) the boss", which is easy because I can just link to a previous post.

4. Say cheese: Are you a photobug? Are you photogenic? Or, in 1000 words or less, tell us about your best picture.

I take photos, but I don't like being in them. Other people think I'm photogenic, but I rarely like photos of myself.

I think my best picture is one I took when I was in New Zealand. It's of this lake which was way off the beaten path, but had this fabulous half-submerged jetty from the shore and snow-capped mountains across the lake. I loved the spot and I've got an A4 size print framed on my wall at home.

5. Just cheesy: What's the worst pick-up line you've ever used, or had used on you? Did it work?

A pick-up line I've always liked, but never used, is "I've lost my phone number. Could I borrow yours?". I've heard too many cheesy one's to recount, and none of them have ever worked. Some have got a reaction, but that's not the same thing.

Favourite comeback?
Guy: "So how would you like your eggs in the morning?"
Girl: "Unfertilised"

Listening to: Chris Pickering - Hard to Find EP

2 Comments:

Blogger Di Gallagher said...

Virgin is good. They don't bug me and the phone always works. I pay by automatic billing, so I can't say what they are like in a dispute. Probably quite reasonable. I have their credit card as well, and have had nothing but a good experience there too. And when flying with them, they have never let my plane crash.
I admit to having a bit of a thing for Mr Branson, though...

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta for your comments BPS - they've been really good so far, but they're usually helpful when they're trying to entice you in, so it's always nice to get some feedback.

I really just want to be able to show people that my phone tells me I'm a virgin... ;o)

- OLS

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home