Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




photograhpy


I took this photo of the Story Bridge the other night.



I really like it. I think it's a good photo, even if I do say so myself.

I wasn't happy with it initially - the light was better earlier in my walk, and the moon had less cloud cover, but those photos came out blurry because I don't have a tripod and have to rest my camera against something solid for photos to be clear in such low light.

Anyway, I like the way the clouds are in this photo, and a CityCat has just passed by, so the water was all rough and reflected the light in a way that I thought was pretty cool. I'm pretty well obsessed by interesting light, reflection and shapes when it comes to my photography. All this one needed was a couple of birds silhouetted against the moon or the water and I would have been in heaven. ;o)

A little later on, I got this photo.



The light's not as interesting in this one, but I like the halo around the moon and the contrast between the sharp shapes of the concrete pillons to the left and the haziness of the river and the Story Bridge lights and the moon.

I know, I can wank on with the best of them huh? ;o)

Listening to: excerpts from Ben Fold's new one Songs for Silverman (or at least, I'm trying to!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I prefer the second photograph, I don't have a problem with the first one or any technical reason why, they are both good, its just i like the light in the second one.

5:26 pm  
Blogger Di Gallagher said...

They are both very good! What kind of camera do you have?

5:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lushlife - I like the contrasts in the second one. Guess it just goes to show that photos are like art or music - it's all in the eye (or ear) of the beholder. ;o) Glad you liked it anyway.

Di - thanks! My camera is nothing amazing, just the original Canon IXUS. It's only 2.1 megapixels and a 2.5 optical zoom, but it's neat and compact and lives in my bag, which means that when I see something like this that I like, I always have my camera with me. I've been tossing up for a while now whether to spend the money on a really good digital SLR, but I'm still getting mostly what I want out of my little Canon, so it'll probably be a way off yet.

- OLS

8:45 am  
Blogger Di Gallagher said...

Oh, those words 'digital SLR' well, words and letters...

I think I will end up with one befroe we travel, but maybe not. It used to be a high priority for me, but not so much any more. I'm not exactly sure why.

7:07 pm  
Blogger Mathieu said...

I likes the second one myself. Mostly because of the existence of a foreground (the concrete thingamajigs...)

Keep shooting! :D

6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i think both of your pics are greati am looking into becoming a photograhper myself keep up the good shooting great work i love them both!!!!! i hope one day i can be as good as you.

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home