Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




new flatmate


I have a new flatmate. He moved in on Good Friday. He's 10 years old and a tabby. So far he seems to be settling in well.

The Fairy is going overseas today and I've agreed to look after her cat while she's away. I've decided that I'm going to refer to him on here as FFF, the furry feline flatmate.

I haven't lived with a cat for a while, so we're still getting to know each other's quirks and habits. He's not a really affectionate cat - he's sociable, but not cuddly. He's adopted my two floor mats at either door as his and has been sleeping on one or the other most of the weekend, when he's not sleeping on my bed or exploring the neighbourhood that is.



He wandered around a lot the first night. I know this because I kept on waking up when he made a noise. But since then he's either settled down, or I've learnt to sleep through the noise. Actually, I think it's the first. I woke up this morning to him curled up next to my leg, purring and drooling on my knee. Apparently this happens when he's really happy. Thankfully, he doesn't drool much, just enough so that my knee was vaguely damp. ;o)

Listening to: FourPlay - The Joy Of

6 Comments:

Blogger p-A-u-E-y said...

hi! just happen to pass by your blog; was blog hopping.

just like to commend, great design!!!

10:19 am  
Blogger OLS said...

Hey Pauey - thanks for dropping by. And for the design compliment. Compliments are always welcome around here! ;o)

- OLS

10:49 am  
Blogger Di Gallagher said...

A cat! Yay! I hope you enjoy each other.

7:28 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

So far, so good. He really is a nice cat and he's getting more affectionate the longer he lives with me.

I haven't had to take him anywhere nasty like the vet yet, so I guess we'll see how our relationship survives after that! ;o)

- OLS

3:30 pm  
Blogger Hugh said...

I have been meaning to comment about your new flatmate for a while. He looks like the perfect flatmate...and I bet he'll be less trouble than some of the others you've had in the past.

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, so far he's cleaner, friendlier and not nuts... so yeah, definitely an improvement! ;o)

And he's always happy to see me when I come home. Mind you, that's probably because he wants to be fed!

- OLS

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home