Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




A better class of tourist?


Honestly! The gaul of the man! This story got me a bit narky, in particular, this quote:

"We've built a high-standard resort and we're bring a higher standard of tourists to the area and you'd think Byron council would be bending over backwards to assist us, but they're a very strange lot," Mr Harvey said.

A higher standard of tourist? And those listed in the story are two English aristocrats, rock historian Glenn A. Baker, Mr Harvey and his business partner John Singleton. Somehow, I can't see them mingling with the riff raff of Byron Bay township and bringing money to the town. They probably spent their entire holiday encased in the resort and didn't come out, so why the hell should the council be bending over backwards?

Exclusive resorts like this are what ruined Noosa and I think the Byron Bay council are right to be wary of them. They edge out those who go to Byron Bay for what it currently provides - a great town with a great culture that's a bit different from the norm.

Listening to: Custard - a little compliation I put together

4 Comments:

Blogger Hugh said...

Here, here. I would hate to see Byron go the way of Noosa. A trip to Byron is like a breath of fresh air, with its quirky and laid back nature. I doubt the council will let that change.

10:28 am  
Blogger OLS said...

verbs - if you look at that story - the council didn't approve it, they were overuled by the court. Bloody lawyers huh? ;o)

Tamzin Femme - ooh! A new reader! So how did you find me?

- OLS

4:53 pm  
Blogger Di Gallagher said...

He also has a thing about the Byron Council fellow who has dreads, calling him dirty. Now we know how I am about dreads...

8:15 pm  
Blogger Trojan said...

I too was thoroughly peeved when I saw that smug bastard rubbishing the council. 'it will bring tourists and money and jobs to the community' (I'm paraphrasing) was his comment.
Rubbish. Money in that greedy bastards pocket and as you said OLS those snooty pricks would rarely venture into town, instead spending their dough at the 'eco-resort' What a bullshit term. No such thing.
He thinks with his money he can overide the council and as for his preconceived ideas on people with dreads.
Gerry Harvey, blow it out your arse.

7:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home