Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




the diagnosis


Well, the doctor thinks I have gastroenteritis. Probably viral as I hadn't had anything to eat which could have caused it. She also gave me medication for giardia - if it hasn't cleared up by the end of the weekend, she said to take that medication. She also suggested I take this stuff which replaces the salts and stuff I've lost through being sick, which has helped with the headache and general blah feeling. So, I'm still getting the nausea waves every so often, but I'm feeling better generally.

I decided I'd better blow off my plans for the weekend though. Pity, because I was looking forward to going to see Missy Higgins on Saturday night with the Tall Guy, Genie and the Teacher. And my flatmate is having a party and all. But I've sold my ticket to the Ex, so at least that's sorted. I'm not sure what I'll do for the weekend. I'm waiting for T (of T&S) to call me back about tomorrow night - I don't want to be home while my flatmate's having a party here - I can't think of anything worse when I'm sick. And I'm not sure if I could make the drive up to my folks place. So I'm hoping T&S might be okay with me hitting their place for the weekend (well, from Sat arvo until Sun morning anyway)... I've raised it with S and he said he'll get T to call me when she gets home. Anyway, not going to make any decisions until I hear from her.

Part of the problem is that I have to vote tomorrow - otherwise I might have tried heading up to my folks place this afternoon. But voting away from home is such an effort, so I'd rather just vote here and head up tomorrow if needs be.

Ah, the trials of finding someone to get sympathy from! ;o)

Listening to: (and watching) The Simpsons

1 Comments:

Blogger Di Gallagher said...

I had giardia once. They did a test on a stoole sample and found the single celled nasty. It was a fun time.

5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home