Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




It's spring and life is good


Scheherazade was feeling blue yesterday and I commented about a flower I'd seen at lunchtime. On my way home, I took a photo of it.

spring flowers
photo by: observantlittle

It's not a very good photo (it's a bit blurry because I was in a rush), but that feeling of wonder that anything can crack through the cement and bitumen is the same.

The last few days have really felt like spring here. The weather has been warm enough to wear sleeveless shirts to work everyday and it's too warm for even a light jumper when I go outside. By the time I get home at night, I'm sweating from the walk and can't wait to open the windows to let the light breeze in. In a couple of months, it will be horribly hot and I'll probably be longing for cold weather, but at the moment, I'm enjoying the warmth and wearing lighter clothing and showing a little skin.

I didn't have to go up to the hospital last night and there was construction work happening on my floor at work, so I headed home about 4:45 with the idea of getting some sleep and heavy-duty relaxation in. That didn't quite go as planned. Well, it did until about 8:30pm when my Mum called and was on the phone for over an hour. Of course, we were talking about S and my niece and the fight between Mum and S and all of that sort of stuff. Mum thinks that S is "on the edge" and she thinks S needs professional help of the mental variety. I think she's overeacting and that S having a go at her was probably just the result of S losing her temper, which is something you don't see very often, and Mum just happened to be on the receiving end for the first time. Thankfully, I've never been on the receiving end.

Anyway, I tried to get the idea across to Mum that maybe things would be better in a couple of months without dropping any hints about S being pregnant - the last time S had a major argument with someone (it was her mother) was when she was pregnant with my nephew. I think the hormones must have something to do with it. But it's like having PMS - if anyone tried to tell you at the time that you were overeacting because of hormones, you'd bite their heads off. It's only later that you realise that you were in fact overeacting at the time. So there's no point in trying to tell S that maybe she was harsh on Mum - she thinks she's been the rational one in all of this and that Mum is being irrational because she's been very tired lately with the lupus.

Anyway, I think I may have convinced Mum to talk to the Guru. I know that a lot of where S is coming from is from talking to him and maybe he's not aware of what she's been like outside of her discussions with him. He seems to think that there's a problem between my niece and Mum, while I think that just comes down to my niece manipulating S. But you can't tell S that because she's heard differently from the Guru. It's all a bit of a worry really.

But I think Mum should go to him anyway - she's been constantly sick with a cold/flu for about 2 months now and I think she needs his magic healing touch. And maybe if she talks to him, she'll be able to put this fight between her and S to rest and stop bloody talking about it all the time. We can but hope.

Anyway, on to happier things. I'm off to The Zoo again tonight for the Iron & Wine gig (with Guy Webster and The Gin Club as supports). I'm meeting a date there (new guy) and the Law Student and a couple of her group inside. I'm planning to drink copious amounts of alcohol and have lots of fun. I just hope I stay awake.

Tomorrow night I'm tossing up between The Informants at The Rev and Dan Kelly & the Alpha Males at the Troubadour. Chances are, I'll do neither unless someone convinces me to go. ;o)

Sunday I'm going to see a performance of the choir that the Law Student is in. I have no idea what to expect, but I met some of the choir members at the movies last Sunday and they seem like a nice crowd.

Listening to: Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home