Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Back in the land of the living


Well, after nearly 2 weeks off work, I'm back. I probably could have posted over the last couple of days from home, but about all I had to say was how disgusting I felt and that's not what I want to write about, or I'm sure what any of you want to read about! ;o)

In the meantime, I'm still working short days (on doctor's orders), but I'm very happy to be back home where I can wear clothes that fit me after having to borrow Mum's clothes for most of the time I was sick, since I'd only anticipated being there overnight when I arrived, so only had one change of clothes. I even had to get Mum to buy me some jocks from the supermarket! Oh, the horror! ;o)

But there's been quite a bit of news while I've been offline:

Career - I've now been extended in my current higher duties position for another 6 months, and there's a 50/50 chance I'll be extended further after that and may even get a permanent position out of it, so that part is looking brighter.

Niece - my niece was back in hospital for most of the time that I was off sick. The good news is that they think they've finally pinned down the exact nature of the problem. The bad news is that it means she needs a complete liver transplant, and sooner rather than later. They're hoping she'll be able to get one within the next year, or she'll start getting sicker and sicker.

Real estate - as a result of that, my brother and I are looking at buying a 3 bedroom townhouse together which is in walking distance of the hospital. I'll pay the bulk of the mortgage and bills and have the bulk of the share in the property, and will live in it full time. He'll pay a portion of the mortgage and bills, on the basis that the townhouse will be their Brisbane base for when my niece has to be in hospital so she can have her own stuff around her and a bit of continuity, and in the long term, it will be an investment for them. Since it will benefit both of their children, my parents will put up the 15-20% deposit to get us started, which should mean I can get better mortgage terms.

I'm sure there's other stuff that's been happening, but they're the ones at the front of my mind right now.

Listening to: Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman

1 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

that's a lot of stuff to deal with. Hope you get well soon, and that everything works out well.

LB x

5:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home