Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...

I'm an idiot!

Yep, I may have an IQ in the top 1% of the world or something ridiculous like that, but I'm an idiot. A complete moron. I knew I had a sore back. I knew the boxes were heavy. But I still decided that moving them on Wednesday night would be a good idea. It wasn't just that the boxes were heavy, I didn't have any access to the carpark, so I had to carry them down a couple of flights of stairs to get them to the car. All on my own. I had help at the other end to get them from the car into my current temporary abode with T&S, but I think by then the damage had been done.

So I wake up on Thursday morning and I could barely move. I couldn't walk up even the two little steps to get from the kitchen into the lounge room. In fact, I could hardly walk at all. Friday I'm better, but still very sore and dreading having to move the rest of my stuff over the weekend.

Early Saturday morning, when I realise that there is no way that I'm going to be able to move my stuff on my own, I send out a bunch of text messages to my various friends hoping that one of them will be able to help out. And Genie comes to my rescue. She arrives around and spends the next couple of hours helping me knock over all bar the last minute stuff (which will all be very light). Thankfully, I do have movement by Saturday - I can't bend down easily and can't pick up a box from the floor (for example), but I can walk and carry light stuff.

Saturday morning I moved. Saturday afternoon I rested. And Saturday night I went out. The plan was for those of us who will be camping together at Woodford to have dinner together and then go to a gig. All went well. Dinner was good and the conversation flowed. Despite being a bit grumpy with my sore back, I didn't get overly annoyed by anyone. Hopefully, I didn't overly annoy any of the others either.

I also joined the others for the gig. It was the Tonjip CD launch at the Troubadour. We arrived part way through the first support - Brendan Watson (from Propane). I wasn't really paying that much attention to it (we were busy greeting people, getting drinks and finding seats), but from what I heard, I liked.

Next up was Wesley Davidson, the reason why we had all gone. I really do like this guy and his band. They make good music, they're funny with the banter, and they're interesting visually. Well, I think so anyway. I'm just waiting for them to release a proper CD now.

The last support for the evening was Shutterspeed. For some reason, I've always had trouble differentiating these guys from the Toothfaeries. Probably because I don't particularly like either band, but enjoyed their festival gigs. They are what I affectionately refer to as "indy cock rock" - bands that I consider stuck in the grunge era and relying more on pure noise than any real talent on their instruments. I was bored.

I was also tired and starting to get a sore back again. So I promised myself that I would give the lead act, Tonjip, two songs - after that, if I really liked them I'd stay; if I didn't, I'd leave. I left.

Sunday morning, I moved the last minute stuff over to T&S's place. I started early and was all done by about 8am. Just as well, as it ended up being a hot day and this way, it was all over before the heat set in.

Ages ago, I had organised brunch with T&S, the Genie, the Tall Guy and the Teacher. We went to Toscini's at Carindale and all had a lovely time. I met the Teacher's little son for the first time, who is very cute. The service was pretty slow, but the food was good and my fruit smoothie was divine!

Sunday arvo, I babysat for T&S while they went to the movies (one of the advantages of them having a houseguest) and then headed back over to my old place to clean. And was that a hot job! My flatmate had closed off my bedroom and bathroom and put on the air-conditioning so the two rooms were like ovens when I got there. I cleaned as quickly as possible and was dripping with sweat by the time I'd finished. But at least it only took me about 1/2 hour and I then I was out of there! Yay!

My flatmate's been like a chick with really bad PMT for the last couple of weeks, so I'm just so happy that it's all over now and I don't have to try and pussyfoot around his moods. Living with T&S is always easy - T cooks, S and I clean and then we all have our "chores" on the weekend to get the housework done. And they only charge me $100/week board, which includes all bills including food. I would live there full-time if it wasn't for the fact that I'm sure I'd wear out my welcome eventually. As it is, so far I've only stayed there for fairly short periods of time and I've always left while I was still a welcome guest. Definitely the best way!

Oh, and if you don't already read sarni's blog, you should read this post. Sarni is my intellectual friend - she thinks about things like philosophy and politics in the same way that I think about things like shoes and which beer to drink.

Listening to: Butterfingers - Breakfast at Fat Boys


Blogger sarni said...

First preference Coopers Pale, second preference Boags Premium.

What's to think about? :-D

11:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home