Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




storms through the weekend


It's going to storm this afternoon. This is not a good thing from my point of view because I hate storms and they make me very edgy and nervous. Right now, I'm sitting here with my shoulders tight and my legs jumping.

And I have to drive to my folks' place tonight. Definitely not a good thing.

So why am I driving up there tonight? Well it's my great-aunt's birthday today. She turns 80 and my grandma turned 85 a couple of weeks ago, so we're all having a big family reunion sort of weekend up at my folks place this weekend. It all started last night and I'm expected to help my Mum with preparations bright and early on Sat morning.

I also bought their gifts, since apparently there is nowhere in Toowoomba that sells pashminas.



So I really have to be there tonight to give my great-aunt her present from our family. I probably also need to explain to both my great-aunt and my grandma all the ways you can wear it.

And yep, that's the plans for the whole weekend. To survive my extended family. It may sound tame compared to my usual weekends, but it will actually be quite the task. Five octegenarians, a bunch of my grandma's nieces and nephews and even some of my cousins. And these aren't the cool cousins that have the same sense of humour as me. Nope, this is the other side of the family. Thank god I'm staying with my brother!

I looked at another place this morning. Finally one I like! I've made an application for it, but I know there's at least one other application and likely more, so I'm not holding my breath. The application itself was a massive undertaking. They wanted more info that the bank does if you want a mortgage. A very complicated task for a girl who last had a lease when she was overseas.

Update: In the time since I started this, it has stormed and now it looks like it's clearing up. My tension is easing and I'm maybe even looking forward to spending some time with the kids tonight.

Listening to: Ben Folds - Sunny 16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home