Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




welcome back


The second installment of my Melbourne trip is still a work in progress - it's saved in my drafts from last Friday. I'll go up soon.

I've had another week and weekend plagued by this 'flu that I'm having trouble shaking, but I had a quiet one, with just going out to dinner on Sat night, and I'm feeling better this morning.

Saturday night's dinner was a welcome home to my friend, the Vegetarian (I'll update the Cast of Characters with him shortly), who has just come back after a year in SE Asia as a volunteer. It was great to see him and catch up with what he's been up to for the last year and what he's planning to do now he's back. Apparently the answer the later is to get married and have kids. He's just not sure who with yet.

I also caught up with his group of friends, who I have always got along well with, but never been particularly friendly with outside of my relationship with the Vegetarian. Thankfully, the ones I don't particularly like were either at the other end of the table or not there, so I had a really lovely night chatting to those that I like. Oh, and R - as per usual, he asked intense questions or provided intense answers. He's a nice enough lad, but he doesn't do small talk and he doesn't seem to have a sense of humour, so he's very hard work.

Anyway, it was good to find out what they have all been up to for the last 18 months or so since I last saw them. Especially the Vegetarian - I can't believe how much I've missed that guy since I've been back!

Listening to: Wesley Davidson

3 Comments:

Blogger Hugh said...

Are you going to post more about your Melbourne trip?

3:21 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

It's coming... really! I promise. It'll actually be dated on Friday seeing as that's when I started it, even though I (still) haven't finished it yet. It's not even that long, it's just that I'm lazy. A terrible thing I know.

- OLS

4:03 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

But it makes me feel so mean! Especially when he really is a nice guy. Probably if I didn't know him so well, I would feel more comfortable doing that...

6:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home