Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




my heart's desire


I'm supposed to be reading a bunch of cases on jurisdiction for a court appearance tomorrow, but they're boring and hard to read, so I decided to take a quick 5 minute break and do something else - the something else being writing another post.

I made a comment on Bo Peep's Sheep that "there are an awful lot of guys out there that are completely lovely people and very good looking that would never make the Ozbhoy to my Bo Peep's Sheep. ;o)". And she came back with "So who would be your Ozbhoy to my Peeps Sheep? Perhaps you could blog about who would make your heart swoon."

Good question.

I have no idea.

Well, that's not quite true - I do have some idea, but the problem is that I have all of these standards, but they fly out the window as soon as I meet a guy that makes my toes curl. The problem with that is that lust doesn't last, and I have a very short attention span. But from past experience, I suspect that the guy that ends up being "a keeper" for me will be:-

1. witty (has to make me laugh - thankfully, that's not difficult)
2. slightly smutty (a dirty sense of humour is a must to cope with my family!)
3. laid back in general (doesn't sweat the small things)
4. passionate about something (wouldn't understand my "thing" for music otherwise)
5. intelligent (if I think he's dumb he won't earn my respect)
6. widely read (or at least able to converse on a wide range of topics)
7. strong (he can't be a pushover - again, it's a respect thing)
8. confident (guys who lack confidence tend to resent mine)
9. family-oriented (I'm close to my family and I want kids)
10. attractive (not necessarily gorgeous, but not repulsive either)

Considering that I can't think of one friend of mine who doesn't fit the bill of at least 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 (and most have 3, 8 and 9 as well), I never thought it was a big ask. But most of the guys I've met don't quite fit the bill. The Ex lacked in 3, 8 and 9 - though apparently he's changed his mind about #9 (as guys tend to do between the ages of 25 and 30 *g*), and it's quite likely that 3 and 8 will come with maturity.

I guess the quality of #10 has a big impact as well. I have lots of male friends, some closer than others. Many of them will fit all 10 criteria, but while they are attractive boys, there isn't that spark, the toe-curling feeling of lust that is so essential in a sexual relationship. There is no point in marrying your friend if friendship is all you have.

In terms of strength, The Fairy (she's allowed to read at the moment because she's out of the country! *g*) recently said to me in an email: "I think for you, you definitely need someone who can stand on their own two feet... and I would kind of like to see you with someone who will take care of you occasionally instead of it being the other way around! "

That's what I'd like too.

Listening to: David McCormack - Candy

2 Comments:

Blogger Di Gallagher said...

I thought it might read something like this :)

12:09 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

So is that a good thing or a bad thing? Or just an observation from reading my blog?

Do you know anyone who fits the bill? ;oP

- OLS

3:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home