Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




cat owner = slut?


I was going to post about feeling mopey since yesterday afternoon because a certain boy hasn't called and I'm feeling my singledom, but then I read Bo Peep's Sheep's entry about some of her doubts even though she's married to the love of her life, and now I feel better. Maybe my doubts are just doubts. And if not, then he probably wasn't worth it anyway! ;o)

So instead, I'll post about this article I got from Bliss. Apparently, cats carry a parasite called toxoplasma gondii which makes men become "more aggressive, scruffy, antisocial and less attractive" and women "exhibit the “sex kitten” effect, becoming less trustworthy, more desirable, fun- loving and possibly more promiscuous".

(T)he women infected with toxoplasma spent more money on clothes and were consistently rated as more attractive. “We found they were more easy-going, more warm-hearted, had more friends and cared more about how they looked,” he said. “However, they were also less trustworthy and had more relationships with men.”

Could it be true? Could my money-wasting, dating-around, promiscuous activities be blamed on my borrowed feline friend? *thinks* Nah! I was like that before he moved in!

Thinking of the cat, I forgot to feed him last night. I can't believe he let me forget! I usually feed him at roughly the same time every night so that he's not bothering me the moment I get home. But last night, I fell asleep on the couch incredibly early (at 7:30pm!) and when I woke up a couple of hours later, I just trundled myself straight into my bed (after shifting the cat over so I could fit in it). I didn't have dinner myself, so I forgot to give the kitty-cat his dinner.

He woke me up at 4am this morning by purring and rubbing his face on mine. I think he'd decided that he was hungry and that this was an appopriate time to be fed. I didn't agree - actually I was so groggy that I didn't even think of it. Instead, I just closed to the door to my bedroom so he couldn't get in and went back to sleep.

I did remember when I hopped up at 6:30am though and I fed him straight away. Poor thing - I hope his tummy wasn't grumbling too much! I feel so irresponsible!

Listening to: Machine Gun Fellatio - Paging Mr Strike

4 Comments:

Blogger Bliss said...

Oh, I'm going to blur the timeline, and just blame everyone on my cats. ;)

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would take a lot of blurring for me! I didn't live with a cat from when I was 16 through until a couple of months ago... ;o)

- OLS

6:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not like he can't stand to lose a bit of weight anyway, I'm sure it did him no harm! Parasite thing is interesting... you think it worked for me? :)

9:31 pm  
Blogger OLS said...

*lol* Who knows? And yes, he doesn't seem to be suffering from starvation. ;o)

- OLS

12:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home