Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




Nothing much


I ended up having a really quiet weekend.

Friday night - I went to the gym and then headed home for a night in front of the TV.

Saturday - I cleaned the house (including mopping all the floors), then headed over to my mate's place to pick up my keyboard from her. She's had my keyboard for a couple of years, but has just moved house and said she wasn't really using it and would I like it back. I had actually forgotten all about it! Am pleased I got it back though. And I got to check out her new place, which is a gorgeous little workers cottage in the old Queenslander style, with big verandahs, polished floorboards, and full height underneath so she can park her car off the street. It's probably the nicest place she's lived so far (in my opinion).

After that, I headed into the Valley and picket up my Paris oil that I got framed, and the posters I got laminated. The Paris oil came up brilliantly! I got an old-looking wood frame for it and it just pulls out the colours of the paint, making it look so much more vibrant. I was pretty happy with the laminated posters as well, only problem is that they are now pretty heavy and the Louvre and Siscilian Chapel ones won't stay up on the doors of my cupboard with just blue-tak, so I'll have to buy some poster stickers, which have a lot more stick. The two Dali's are staying up so far, but I might use poster stickers on them too, just to be sure.

Saturday night - I had planned to go out. I had the best of intentions. But it didn't happen. Basically, because I was going to this gig on my own, I was planning to head in there pretty late (around 9:30 - 10) and hung out on the couch watching TV in the meantime. Then of course, I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until after midnight. So I just trundled myself into bed instead.

Sunday - caught up on a couple of movies I hadn't got around to watching. Didn't make it in to see Guy Webster either... god I'm slack!

I did manage to set up a date though. Going to the movies (to see Van Helsing) on Tuesday night. We're still working out the details, but he seems nice enough and has promised he won't bring his meat cleaver this time! ;o)

I'm also supposed to be going to some comedy thing at Stones Corner with another guy, but I haven't heard back from him and he's being pretty hazy on the details, so I'm not sure about that one. I'll see if I hear from him.

I'm also seeing The Mayne Inheritance (play about an old Brisbane murder) on Thursday night at La Boite Theatre with two friends of mine. That should be good. Those two are good company. I also saw Zigzag Street (play based on the book by Nick Earls) with them in Stanthorpe and that was a good weekend.

I think I'll leave it there for now. I have a meeting with my boss to discuss one of the procedures I'm writing in 15 minutes.

Listening to: the sound of my workmates talking. Nothing on the CD player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home