Observant little ...

I don't understand the answer, but I may have some ideas on the question...




I should post more


In the interests of making this more interesting for my interstate and overseas friends that I've just invited to it, I think I'll blab on some more for a bit about what's going through my head at the moment. I'm also checking out the facility where you can email your post, rather than just posting it on the site to see if it works.

I read this today in Time Off:

There's been a dust up between Triple M and The Vines, leading to the band's tracks being yanked from the radio network. Last Thursday, The Vines were playing a Triple M Garage Session performance in Sydney at the Annandale. Five minutes into their first song, an exchange of words between singer Craig Nicholls and bassist Patrick Matthews saw the bassist walk off stage and into the crowd, forcing them to continue playing as a three-piece. Nicholls then harangued the 400-strong crowd, calling them a pack of sheep and asking them to break into a communal "baa".

After furious calls from listeners the next day, Triple M's program director Mike Fitzpatrick confirmed the station had dropped The Vines from the playlist after the band refused to apologise

I think this is just hilarious, but this may be because I'm not exactly a fan of The Frames.

Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is that, although I'm happy single, I'd like to date. I've never really dated. I've always gone out with friends of friends or had one night stands or win-ons (like one night stands, but without the sex) that somehow developed into relationships. This is not exactly a new thought, but one that has received more attention lately because a friend of mine has signed up to the online dating service RSVP and had a couple of fun dates through it. She's actually looking for a relationship, and I'm not sure that I am, but I've decided to sign up nonetheless and see what happens. It's a bit of a weird thing and I'm feeling very dubious about it all, but at least I'll be able to say that I've tried it and can start whingeing about the fact that I don't date with some real purpose. This is what I should have done when I was in Dublin - that way I would have met heaps of Irish people! Maybe...

Future plans - I'm thinking of trying to see some parts of Australia that I haven't seen before this year. I would love to get to Perth. I heard a lot about WA from some of the others on my Contiki tour last July/August and I'm thinking that it's a part of Australia I really should see. I've heard wonderful things about drinking beer while watching the sunsets over the ocean - is it a little sad that this is my main reason for wanting to go? Ah well, that's just the way it is.

The next overseas trip I'm planning is Asia sometime in 2005. I'm not sure about exactly where and when yet, but I have a lot of reading to do to work that out. This one will just be a holiday (maybe 4 weeks) not a prolonged trip with time off work without pay. I'm still tossing up whether to do a tour of some description, or just do it on my own. Upside of tour - get to see a lot more in the limited time I'll have. Upside of my own - can spend more time at the places I really want to go.

This weekend - I was half thinking of going to Tim Rogers at The Zoo tonight, but Skinnys were sold out and I'm not all that keen on going to a packed gig tonight. Still got a bit of a sore head. I'm planning to head to a gig at The Rev on Saturday night - the Neighbourhood Groove Collective. It's got muso's from george and AfroDizziAct in it and the write ups have always been good on them. They sound like they'll be pretty funky and dance-able. Also, The Rev is a new venue, recently bought by the same people that own The Alley. It's the old Chelsea, next door to the Healer - both of which I always thought were great venues. I really want to see what they've done with it. Guy Webster has a residency at the Bowery every Sunday in June and I would really like to head to that on Sunday night. Guess I'll see how it all goes. As long as it's not one of those really quite gigs where the only people there seem to be friends and family, I don't have any problems going to gigs on my own. Especially Guy Webster gigs, which are generally pretty laid back and I can just find a comfy seat somewhere and have a couple of wines and just chill out.

Work-wise, things are pretty quiet at the moment. I have to get this appeals procedure finalised and review a couple of other procedures, but nothing terribly urgent, despite having a couple of days off this week with my mild concussion. Still getting pretty annoyed with my co-worker, who seems to think that any amendments to the act need to be of urgent attention to warrant doing something about them. In my view, if I find a problem, I should let them know how to fix it, even if it will only come up every once in a blue moon. Better to have it fixed now while we've got amendments being drafted to go through parliament, rather than realise that we need to be able to use it and then find that we can't because of problems with the legislation. With some of them, it's just a matter of changing one word which can make all the difference. Anyway...

Listening to: Speedstar: Bruises you can touch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home